How do I set up and adjust my Oculus Rift headset?
Setting Up for the First Time
If you're setting up your Oculus Rift headset for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions when you set up your Oculus Rift.
Running the Full Setup
If you need to run the full Rift setup again, check to make sure your headset and headset sensor cables are plugged into the right ports:
- HDMI end: Plug the HDMI end of the headset cable into your dedicated graphics card port. If you're already using your HDMI port for your monitor, you can try using a HDMI adapter or another display port (ex: DisplayPort, DVI).
- USB end: Plug the USB end into a USB 3.0 (blue) port.
- Headset Sensor: Plug the headset sensor cable into another USB 3.0 (blue) port.
To run the full Rift setup:
- Open the Oculus app on your PC computer
- Click and then select Settings
- Click Devices in the left menu
- Click Configure Rift and then select Run Full Setup
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the full Rift setup
Wearing Your Headset
To wear your headset:
- Loosen the side tabs and then the top strap
- Move the on-ear headphones outwards
- Starting from the back, put your headset on
- If you're wearing glasses, put the headset on from the front first
Adjusting Your Headset Image
If the image inside your headset isn't clear, you can use the lens slider to make adjustments.
To adjust the image inside your headset:
- Put on your headset
- Below your headset on the right, use your thumb to push in and hold the lens slider
- Move the lens slider left or right until the image is clear