Using the Oculus Go casting feature, you can stream what you see in VR from your Oculus Go headset to the Oculus mobile app.
Before casting, make sure your Oculus Go and your phone are connected to the same WiFi network. Some apps for Oculus Go do not allow casting functionality.
To start casting from your Oculus Go headset:
- Turn on your Oculus Go headset and put it on.
- From the bottom toolbar, select Sharing.
- Select Cast from the Sharing menu.
- Select Start from the in-VR prompt.
- On your phone, select the notification to open the Oculus app and begin casting.
- If you already have the Oculus app open on your phone, select Start Casting from the in-app prompt.
To start casting from the Oculus app:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Select from the top right of your screen.
- Under Cast From, select the headset you'd like to cast from.
- Make sure it says Connected under your listed headset.
- Under Cast To select This Phone.
- Tap Start at the bottom of your screen, put on your headset and accept the in-VR prompt to start casting.
A red dot in the upper right corner of your view in VR will indicate you've started casting. You can stop casting from within VR or from the Oculus app by selecting the back button in the top left of your casting screen.
To stop casting from your Oculus Go headset:
- Select Sharing from the bottom menu.
- Select Cast from the sharing menu.
- Select Stop Casting from the in-VR prompt.
- You may experience issues casting and recording simultaneously.
- Casting will automatically return you to the Home screen in VR. Once you've started casting, you'll need to return to the app or experience you were originally in prior to casting.
- Exiting or minimizing the Oculus app will interrupt casting.
- Casting may increase battery usage or degrade in-app performance.