Using the Oculus Compatibility Check Tool
Before you buy an Oculus Rift or Rift S, we recommend you run the Oculus compatibility check tool to check to make sure your PC computer can power the full Rift experience.
To run the Rift or Rift S compatibility check tool:
- Go to https://ocul.us/compat-tool to download the compatibility check tool
- Open the tool and click Start
After running the compatibility check tool, it’ll tell you if your computer:
- Meets or exceeds the recommended system specifications. If your computer meets or exceeds the recommend system specs, you should be able to power the full Rift or Rift S experience.
- Meets or exceeds the minimum system specs. If your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system specs, you should be able to run the Rift or Rift S, but you may come across problems that we won’t be able to fix.
- Doesn’t meet the minimum system specs. If your computer doesn’t meet the minimum system specs, you may not be able to run the Rift or Rift S at all. If you still decide to buy a Rift or Rift S, we won’t be held responsible if your device doesn’t work on your computer.
Note: The Oculus Compatibility Tool does not guarantee compatibility with All-In-One PCs or Laptops.
Your Computer Doesn’t Meet the Specs
If you find out your computer doesn’t meet the minimum or recommended system specs after running the compatibility check tool, you can: