Quest Setup Video
Rift S Setup Video
Setting Up for the First Time
If you’re setting up Guardian with your Oculus Rift S or Quest for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions.
Guardian lets you create boundaries in VR that appear when you get too close to the edge of your play area. When setting up Guardian, your play area will show as one of these sizes:
- Below Minimum: If your play area is below minimum, it doesn’t meet the 3 feet by 3 feet (1 meter by 1 meter) requirement to use Guardian.
- Minimum: You have enough space for the minimum required play area, but some apps may recommend at least 6.5 by 6.5 ft for the best experience.
- Recommended: You have the recommended play area for Roomscale experiences. This means that your play area meets or exceeds the 6.5 feet by 6.5 feet (2 meters by 2 meters) space needed to set up the Guardian System.
Resetting Your Guardian
To reset your Guardian in VR:
- Select Settings from the bottom toolbar.
- Select Gaurdian in the left menu.
- Click Set Up Guardian.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your Guardian.