Oculus is making it possible to defy distance by connecting people and bringing the world closer together through the power of virtual reality. We want everyone to feel safe while they enjoy an immersive virtual experience. In addition to the Terms of Service, the Oculus Code of Conduct is here to help you understand what type of content and conduct is violating on the Oculus platform, and to create a safe and respectful environment for our diverse community.
If we find that you have violated the Code of Conduct, we may take action on your account, including temporarily suspending your account for one day or up to thirty days. For repeated or egregious offenses, we may permanently disable your account.
Offensive Content and Behavior
Oculus users come from many different backgrounds, so make sure that your content and conduct is appropriate for a diverse audience. Do not:
- Use or promote sexually explicit content or conduct yourself in a sexually obscene or abusive way.
- Use or promote hateful content that attacks people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, caste, sex, gender, gender identity, and serious disease or disability.
Harmful Content and Behavior
We take safety very seriously at Oculus. To help keep the community safe and respectful, do not:
- Harass, bully, or threaten users, or encourage other users to do so, including threats to SWAT, hack, dox, or DDOS.
- Encourage, celebrate, coordinate, or promote real world violence.
- Praise or represent real-world terrorist, organized crime, or hate groups.
- Encourage or glorify real world suicide, self harm, or eating disorders.
Illegal Content and Behavior
Follow the law. Do not:
- Sexualize minors in any way, including sharing sexualized content of minors. In cases of child sexual exploitation, we report content to the National Center of Missing and Exploited Children.
- Share or threaten to share intimate images of others.
- Encourage or promote illegal activity, including the sale of illegal or prescription drugs or firearms.
- Use, promote, or share content that violates someone else's intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
Personal Content and Behavior
Keeping our users' personal information and privacy safe is very important to us. To help us do that, do not:
- Share or solicit other users' or your own personal information, including social security numbers, passport numbers, credit card numbers, etc.
- Impersonate an Oculus or Facebook employee, partner, representative, or other real person or encourage other users to do so.
If you notice someone isn’t following our Code of Conduct, learn how to report them. To learn more about how to stay safe and customize your privacy settings, visit our Safety Center.