If you want to use your own headphones with your Oculus Rift headset, you can remove the on-ear headphones using the audio tool. You can find the audio tool in the accessories compartment of your Rift box.
To remove the on-ear headphones on your Rift:
- Find the audio connector screw located on the inside of the main strap next to the on-ear headphones.
- Use the audio tool to turn the audio connector screw counter clockwise (to the left).
- Keep turning the audio connector screw counter clockwise until the on-ear headphones come out.
To use your own headphones on your Rift:
- Plug in the headphones you want to use and then open the Oculus app on your PC computer.
- Select Devices in the left menu and then click Rift.
- Below VR Audio Output, click Rift headphones and then select UseWindows Settings.
Note: If you’re using wired headphones, check to make sure you have enough space when using your Rift.