How do I set up my Oculus Rift sensor?
Setting Up for the First Time
If you're setting up your Oculus Rift sensor for the first time, follow the on-screen instructions when you set up your Oculus Rift.
Placing Your Sensor
Before you place your sensor, check to make sure your sensor cable is plugged into a USB 3.0 (blue) port. To make sure your sensor can accurately track your movement, follow these tips:Space
- Make sure nothing is blocking the line of sight between your headset and the sensor
- Move away any objects that you may bump into or trip over
- Make sure your play area is at least 3 feet by 3 feet (1 meter by 1 meter) when using your Rift
- Try to put your sensor 3 feet (1 meter) in front of where you'll be wearing the headset
- If you're using more than one sensor, check to make sure they're 3-6 feet (1-1.8 meters) apart from each other
- Check to make sure the glossy side of the sensor lens is pointing towards your play area