If your Oculus Rift S headset isn’t connecting, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that when you connect your Rift S to your computer, you plug in your USB cable first, wait 5 seconds or until the light on your Rift S headset comes on, and then plug in your DisplayPort cable second.
- Check to make sure that your Rift S headset is plugged into your dedicated graphics card. If you try to use your integrated graphics card, it won’t connect.
- Check to make sure that your Rift S and computer are up-to-date.
- Install the latest Oculus drivers. To do this:
- Close the Oculus app.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Enter C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
- Open oculus-driver.
- Open the Oculus app and then try to connect your headset again.
- Restart the Oculus app on your computer.
If you're using a mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that you're using the adapter that came with your Rift S. Currently, there are no supported third-party adapters. If this doesn't solve your issue, please review your Windows camera settings.
If you continue to encounter issues with your Rift S after completing these steps, please contact Oculus Support directly.