If your Oculus Rift S headset isn’t connecting, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Connect your Rift S to your computer in the following order:
- Plug in your USB cable.
- Wait 5 seconds or until the light on your Rift S headset comes on.
- Plug in your DisplayPort cable.
- Make sure that your Rift S headset is plugged into your dedicated graphics card. If you try to use your integrated graphics card, the headset won't connect.
- Make sure that your Rift S and computer are up-to-date.
- Install the latest Oculus drivers by doing the following:
- Close the Oculus app.
- To open the Run command, press the Windows key + R.
- On the command line, type C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers.
- Open the oculus-driver file.
- Open the Oculus app and try to connect your headset again.
- Restart the Oculus app on your computer.
Using a Mini DisplayPort?
If you're using a Mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that you're using the adapter that came with your Rift S. Currently, Rift S doesn't support third-party adapters.
If these steps don't solve your issue, please review your Windows camera settings.
Still having issues?
If you continue to have issues with your Rift S after completing these steps, please contact Oculus Support.