If you'd like to use Oculus Link to connect your Quest to a PC, please start by reviewing our Oculus Link compatibility article.
Confirm the following:
- Your PC meets the recommended specs.
- You're using a high-quality USB cable capable of supporting data and power.
- Your Oculus software is up to date on both your PC and your Quest.
If you're unable to enable Oculus Link:
- If you don't see Add Quest as the device on the PC software: log out of the PC software and log back in.
- If you don't see the Enable Link pop-up on the PC software: log out of the PC software and log back in.
- If you don't see the Enable Link option under Settings on Quest: completely power off the headset and restart.
Once you've confirmed these requirements, you can begin using your Quest with Link. To do so:
- Open the Oculus app on your PC.
- Turn on your Quest 2 or Quest.
- Plug your USB 3 cable into a USB 3.0 port on your PC, and then plug the other end into your headset.
- A message displays in VR prompting you to Allow access to data. Select Deny.
If you mistakenly 'Allow' the prompt, you must unplug your USB cable from the Quest and plug it back in.
- When prompted to Enable Oculus Link, select Enable to begin remote rendering using Oculus Link.
If you have issues using or setting up Oculus Link, please review our Troubleshooting Tips and Known Issues article.