Unboxing Your Headset
Before you begin setting up your Oculus Quest headset, remove all items from the box to make sure you aren't missing anything.
The following items should be included in your Oculus Quest box:
- Oculus Quest headset
- Two Oculus Touch controllers
- Power adapter
- Charging cable
- Glasses spacer
- Two AA batteries (for the controllers)
- Reference guide
- Safety & warranty manual
Before you connect your Oculus Quest headset:
Connecting and Pairing Your Headset
When you're ready to start using your Oculus Quest headset for the first time:
- Plug the charging cord into your Oculus Quest Headset and a power source to begin charging it. The charging indictor will turn green once it is fully charged.
- Download and open the Oculus app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone to your headset and your headset to your Wi-Fi network.
- Continue through the on-screen instructions to pair your Oculus Touch controllers with your headset.
- For an optimal experience, wait until your Oculus Quest Headset is fully charged before wearing it.
Wearing Your Headset
To put your headset on:
- Loosen the side straps and then the top strap.
- Starting from the back, put your headset on.
Tighten the side tabs and then top strap.
- Make sure to pull the back strap down until it cradles the base of your head.
- If you’re wearing glasses, put the headset on from the front first.
- Make sure the straps aren't too tight. The headset should fit comfortably and shouldn't apply too much pressure on your face and head.
To adjust your view:
- With your hands holding both sides of your headset, slowly move your Oculus Quest up and down until the picture is clear and the headset feels comfortable.
- If you wear glasses, learn more about prescription lenses for your Oculus Quest, or insert the glasses spacer into your Oculus Quest headset prior to using it.
- If the image in your headset isn't clear, you can use your left thumb to move the image slider on the left of the bottom of your headset to the left and right until the image is clear.