All of these features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of July 22, 2019.
Quest, Go, Gear VR
These features and updates apply to Quest, Go and Gear VR unless otherwise noted.
- We’ve enhanced the overall audio experience and added the ability to enable or disable your microphone in VR.
- We’ve added a search bar throughout your in-VR experience so you can always find the content you’re looking for.
- You can now opt-in to new features we’re testing, such as the bluetooth keyboard option described below, from your settings menu under the “Experiments” section.
We’ve improved the overall performance of Guardian and added the following new features:
- If your Guardian boundaries are too sensitive, you can adjust them from the Guardian settings page.
- If you need to adjust your floor height, you no longer have to reset your Guardian. Instead, you can make adjustments right from your Guardian settings page.
- You can now set multiple Guardians in the same room and switch between them.
- You can now use Bluetooth keyboards and gamepads to type and navigate in VR. You can find pairing options for your Bluetooth device in your headset’s settings menu under the "Experiments" section.
- We’ve updated the look and feel of the Oculus Store for Go and Gear VR.
- To make it easier to find new apps you might be interested in, you can now filter based on price, comfort or genre.
- If you’re interested in an app but not ready to purchase, you can save it to your wishlist for later.
We want to make sure that your Oculus experience is made just for you. To do that, we’ve added the following new features to customize your feed in both VR and the Oculus mobile app:
- Follow your favorite games, developers and genres so you’ll be notified when there’s something new.
- Let us know if you liked or disliked an app when you’re done using it so we know what to recommend next.
- Hide things from your feed that you don’t want to see again.
Headset Setup (Quest)
- We've updated the experience for adjusting the fit and improving the focus and clarity of your headset.
- You can now auto-pair your headset from the Oculus mobile app if it's detected nearby.
Touch Controllers (Quest)
We’ve made performance improvements to better track your Touch controller movements in VR. These updates, which are also applicable for Rift S, include the following:
- Improved tracking when controllers are close to the headset and at angles turned away from the headset.
- Improved tracking in difficult poses such as an underhand throwing motion.
- Reduced re-acquisition time when controller tracking is lost.
- You can now use both of your Touch controllers at the same time when interacting with different elements such as the keyboard, Oculus Store and Library.
- We’ve made enhancements that make it easier to update and edit your Oculus Avatar.
- You can now receive notifications in VR and in the Oculus app on your phone when an event you’re interested in is starting.