The Oculus Quest Touch controllers are a pair of tracked controllers that give you hand presence—the feeling that your virtual hands are actually your own. Touch controllers feature traditional action buttons, thumb-sticks and analog triggers that add familiarity to new experiences.
To pair your controller:
- Download the Oculus app and follow the onscreen instructions to connect your Quest to Wi-Fi.
- Insert the included battery into your controller, then tap continue on the Oculus app.
- Tap Controllers then tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to pair.
- Hold the Oculus and back buttons on your controller until the controller LED blinks and then lights up to finalize the pairing.
Once you've paired your Oculus Quest controllers, the controllers will automatically connect to your headset each time you turn it on, if it's nearby.
To unpair your controller:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
- Tap the Oculus Quest headset you currently have paired.
- Tap Controller, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Controller.
Once your controller is paired, you can use your controller to interact with apps and games, using the buttons on your controller to do the following:
- Trigger, A and X buttons: Press to select things.
- B and Y : Press to go back to the previous screen or menu.
- Oculus button: Press to go back to Oculus Home or press and hold to reset your controller orientation.
- Grip button: Press to grab objects or make a fist when using your virtual hands.
- Menu button: Press the menu button from Oculus Home to bring up the menu.
- Press any button to wake the controller after you turn on your headset.
Note: Individual apps may include their own tutorials for how to use the buttons on your Oculus Touch controllers in each VR experience.
To remove the battery from your Oculus Quest controller:
- Remove the battery cover of your controller by lightly sliding your thumb downwards along the battery door until it unclicks and comes loose.
- Remove the battery from the bottom end of the controller and replace the battery so that it matches the direction shown inside the battery compartment.