The Oculus Go controller is a motion controller you can use to interact with apps and games on your Oculus Go. Before you can start using the controller, download the Oculus app, connect your headset to WiFi and pair the controller with your Oculus Go.
To pair your controller:
- Download the Oculus app and follow the onscreen instructions to connect your Go to WiFi.
- Insert the included battery into your controller, then tap continue on the Oculus app.
- Hold the Oculus and Back buttons on your controller until the controller LED blinks and then lights up.
- In the Oculus app, tap Left or Right to choose which hand you’d like to use and then tap Continue to finalize the pairing.
- You can change which hand you’d like to use by selecting Handedness from the controller settings menu in the Oculus app.
Once you've paired your Oculus Go controller, the controller will automatically connect to your headset each time you turn it on, if it's nearby.
To unpair your controller:
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap Settings from the bottom menu.
- Tap the headset you currently have paired.
- Tap Controller, then tap the controller you currently have paired.
- Tap Unpair Controller.
Once your controller is paired, you can use your controller to interact with apps and games, using the buttons on your controller to do the following:
- Trigger: Press to select things
- Touchpad: Press to select things or swipe to browse
- Back button: Press to go back to the previous screen or menu.
- Oculus button: Press to go back to Oculus Home or press and hold to reset your controller orientation.
- Press any button to wake the controller after you turn on your headset.
To remove the battery from your Oculus Go controller:
- Remove the battery cover of your controller by lightly pulling at the bottom half of the controller until it comes loose.
- Lightly pull on the battery from the bottom end of the controller until it comes loose and can be removed.