Using the Rift
Take a tour of the features of the Rift.
Here are the basics of getting around in Rift.
The Universal Menu
You can access key features and information in the Universal Menu, from almost anywhere in Rift.
Rift Headset and Lens Care
Here's how to care for the Rift headset and its lenses.
- Handle the headset with care. Never drop it or treat it roughly.
- Don't directly expose the lenses to sunlight, lasers, or other strong light sources.
- Don't leave the headset in extremely hot locations, such as an enclosed car on a sunny day.
Use the included lens cloth to keep the lenses clean of dust and smudges. Wipe using a spiral motion, starting at the center.
- Avoid using lens cleaner unnecessarily.
- Lens cleaners that contain alcohol or other strong solvents may damage your lenses.
- If you can't clean the lenses with the lens cloth alone, use a specially-formulated cleaner like Ultra Clarity lens cleaner by Nanofilm, or Sparkle Optical Lens Cleaner by A.J. Funk & Co.
- Never spray any type of cleaner directly on or in the headset. Apply lens cleaner to the lens cloth instead.
- Clean the lens cloth itself periodically with mild soap and water. Rinse thoroughly.
Note: If you need to clean the main strap or the facial interface, where the headset touches your face, use a baby wipe or similar. Dry the facial interface thoroughly before use.