I’m having trouble setting up my Oculus Rift sensor tracking.
If you’re having trouble setting up your Oculus Rift sensor tracking, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Check to make sure your sensor is plugged into a USB 3.0 (blue) port.
- Check to make sure your sensor is 3 feet (1 meter) in front of where you’ll be wearing the headset. If you’re using more than one sensor, check to make sure they’re 3-6 feet (1-1.8 meters) apart from each other.
- Check to make sure there aren’t any objects blocking your sensors.
- If you’re using your Touch controllers, check to make sure you're using more than one sensor.
- If you’re using more than 3 sensors, your setup may not work with your PC computer or play area. We recommend sticking with 3 sensors. Learn more about our experimental sensor setups.
- If you have more than one sensor plugged into a USB 3.0 port, try plugging one into a USB 2.0 port.
- If you have more than one sensor plugged into a single USB controller, you may have exceeded your USB bandwidth. Try plugging the other sensors into a different USB controller (look for some USB ports further away on your computer).
- Try unplugging other USB devices you may be using (example: webcam).
- Check to make sure your sensor isn’t tilted too far up or down.